San Francisco, California – July 10, 2020 – Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of cloud-based business apps, today announced the general availability of RapidSharp.
RapidSharp is a suite of tools and C# libraries for automating the migration PowerBuilder projects to C# for the cross-OS .NET Core framework. It offers the first-ever PowerScript-to-C# code converter that automatically ports 80-95% of PowerBuilder business logic and DataWindows to C#. The generated code can be automatically scaffolded into C# REST APIs, which can be consumed with any UI technology. It significantly reduces the time, cost, and risk of changing programming languages from PowerScript to C#.
RapidSharp includes the following key features:
- .NET DataStore – The .NET DataStore is based on an open and model-oriented design. It is driven by a C# POCO model and inherits from the .NET IList. As such, your project can readily integrate with other .NET libraries and can be easily maintained in any C# IDE.
- DataWindow Converter – It generates C# POCO models from existing DataWindows, Child DataWindows, DataStores, as well as XML import/export templates.
- PowerScript Migrator – A code converter that automatically ports 80-95% of PowerBuilder business logic (non-visual PowerScript and embedded SQLs) to C#.
- Scaffolding Templates – Prebuilt templates and rules automatically build out your C# controllers and services based on C# POCO models. These templates follow a repository design pattern and support typical CRUD functionality over REST APIs. It also supports adding customized templates and rules.
- Web API Tester – A visual Web API Tester that allows developers to easily inspect, test, and debug C# REST APIs without spending the time and effort to create a client app or build JSON by hand.
How Do I Get Started?
RapidSharp is now generally available for evaluation. Trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days.
Appeon helps software developers build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission-critical systems. Appeon’s products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich cloud apps. For more information, visit www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
© 2020 Appeon Inc. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Service Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, email@example.com