San Francisco, California – April 3, 2020 – Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of cloud-based business apps, today announced the general availability of PowerBuilder 2019 R2. PowerBuilder 2019 R2 continues bringing revolutionary new features to modernize PowerBuilder application UI, functionality, and architecture. Appeon has developed the first-ever PowerScript-to-C# code converter, which can automatically migrate 80-95% of PowerBuilder business logic and DataWindows to C#. The migrated code can be automatically scaffolded into C# REST APIs. PowerScript client app development is also enhanced with .NET interoperability and new UI controls. All the new features together pave the way for a simpler, faster, open-standards approach to building cloud apps for .NET.
PowerBuilder 2019 R2 includes the following key new features:
- Enhanced UI Themes - The UI Themes provides modern rendering of visual objects simply by selecting a prebuilt theme or supplying your own theme. This feature has been enhanced to allow granular control, defining different styles for a specific instance of a visual object.
- RibbonBar Control - Provides application users with a modern and widely-accepted navigation mechanism. You can easily build your ribbon control with the RibbonBar Builder and manipulate it programmatically in PowerScript.
- .NET DLL Importer - Automatically import .NET DLLs and natively invoke them from PowerScript, without any COM wrappers. The .NET DLL Importer automatically generates PowerScript class names, functions, and parameters of the .NET DLLs, and it also adds the try-catch statements to handle errors.
Enhanced .NET DataStore - The .NET DataStore has been refactored to be an open and model-oriented design. It is driven by a C# POCO model and inherits from the .NET IList
. As such, your project can readily integrate with other .NET libraries and can be easily maintained in any C# IDE.
- DataWindow Converter - It generates C# POCO models from existing DataWindows, Child DataWindows, DataStores, as well as the XML import/export templates.
- PowerScript Migrator - A code converter that automatically migrates 80-95% of PowerBuilder business logic (non-visual PowerScript and embedded SQL) to C#.
- Scaffolding Templates - Prebuilt templates and rules automatically build out your C# controllers and services based on your C# POCO models. These templates follow a repository design pattern and support typical CRUD functionality over REST Web APIs. It also supports adding customized templates and rules.
- Web API Tester - A visual Web API Tester allows developers to easily inspect, test, and debug C# REST APIs without spending the time and effort to create a client app or build JSON by hand.
How Do I Get Started?
PowerBuilder 2019 R2 is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade, or new installation. Trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days. Existing customers (customers own valid subscriptions) are entitled to receive this version as a free upgrade. New customers may purchase from Appeon or a local authorized reseller.
Appeon helps software developers build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission-critical systems. Appeon’s products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich cloud apps for Windows, iOS, and Android. For more information, visit https://www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
© 2020 Appeon Inc. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), email@example.com
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, firstname.lastname@example.org