San Francisco, California – May 20, 2019 – Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of cloud business apps, today announced the general availability of Appeon PowerServer 2019, Japanese version for Windows, Linux, and Unix. This major release brings robust support for RESTful Web APIs (in JSON data format) to PowerServer Web apps, it simplifies the management of PowerServer Mobile apps, and it expands software environment compatibility. Appeon encourages all Japanese users to evaluate or upgrade to this new release for more features and wider system compatibility.
This major release includes a number of notable new features:
- JSON Data Generator & Parser – Both the JSONGenerator & JSONParser native PowerBuilder objects are supported in PowerServer Web. Web apps can leverage PowerBuilder’s high-performance JSON engine to handle complex data exchange between the DataWindow and web services.
- RESTful Web Services – Both the HTTPClient & RESTClient native PowerBuilder objects are supported in PowerServer Web. Web apps can directly perform CRUD operations against REST Web APIs by using the HTTPClient. DataWindow reports can retrieve data from REST Web APIs by using the RESTClient and writing just a few lines of code.
- 64-bit Mobile Apps – Developers can generate mobile apps that run in 64-bit mode on Android and iOS. Previously, 64-bit mode was only supported for iOS.
- Network State Detection – A new function, of_networktest, is added to calculate the elapsed time for client calls to the server over the network, which can help the developer to determine whether to perform heavy data processing.
- Mobile Device Management – The GetAllSessions API is enhanced to also return the mobile user ID, which gives developers the flexibility to better manage each mobile device.
If you’re interested in reviewing the complete list of new features please refer to the New Features Datasheet.
How Do I Get Started?
PowerServer 2019 Japanese version is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade, or new installation. Trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days. Existing customers on a maintenance or support plan may receive this version as a free upgrade. New customers may purchase from the local distributor Nippon Computer Systems in Japan. PowerServer 2019 Japanese version will require PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Japanese version to be upgraded to the latest maintenance release (MR #1892).
Appeon helps software developers build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission-critical systems. Appeon’s products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich apps for Windows, iOS, and Android. For more information, visit www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
© 2019 Appeon Inc. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), firstname.lastname@example.org
Nippon Computer Systems (Appeon Japan Local Partner): +81-3-5532-1550, email@example.com
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, firstname.lastname@example.org